Saturday, December 23, 2006

Embargo, disembarked – Cat’s out of the bag

Yesterday, thanks to one or maybe more subscribers of Car & Driver who scanned a few images of the Jaguar C-XF & Lincoln MKR Concepts from the February 2007 issue of the magazine, we got the chance to see the first images of the Detroit concepts.

So what? Well, the thing is that while there was an embargo till January 1st, C&D’s February 2007 issue hit the “milkbars” on the 22nd of December –as Windingroad’s pic proves. That started a war between Ford Group & web sites. The latter got pissed and started hosting the official pics. FoMoCo on its part let the grey suite dogs out sniffing out sites that hosted the pics demanding they respect the embargo (…).

Yhea right. Ford, my dear friends, broke its own embargo by giving the pics to C&R prior to their official release date. Am I not right? Being a journalist myself who has the kinky hobby of owning a blog, I know that it’s a common practice for several manufactures to treat several big publications –web or print based, with exclusive pictures or drives. How fair is that?

Well, come to think of it, to tell you the truth, If I was Ford I’d be rubbing my hands with satisfaction with all that publicity that Jag & Lincoln are receiving the past 24 hours… Pic via: WindingRoad

No comments:

Post a Comment